May 14, 5 p.m. update from the Princeton Recreation Dept.
COMMUNITY GARDEN GUIDELINES FOR JOHN STREET AND SMOYER PARK
The Princeton Recreation Department community garden plots at John Street and Smoyer Park will open on Friday, May 15. We have made some adjustments from the normal community garden operations for 2020 as we slowly work toward opening our facilities during these abnormal times. Please see below and attached. Our ability to safely operate these facilities relies on all users adhering to the revised rules.
If you have questions, please contact PRD’s Vikki Caines directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to all gardeners for your patience over the past few weeks!
- No more than six people in garden area at any one time and no more than two people at any one garden plot. Gardeners working at same garden plot must be from the same household.
- Please limit your visit to no more than 90 minutes at a time as a courtesy to other gardeners who want to work in their garden plot.
- Face covering and gloves should be worn at all times.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet minimum) at all times.
- No sharing of tools or equipment.
- Gardeners should bring their own water bucket/container to use in watering their respective plots. Hoses have been removed until further notice.
- If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of being sick, please stay home and do not visit the gardens until symptoms subside.