Caring for a loved one with COVID-19?
Guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Estoy enfermado. ¿Qué tengo que hacer?
I’m Sick. What Should I Do?
Check the New Jersey COVID-19 Symptom Checker.
Follow these steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community.
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
- Avoid sharing personal household items (dishes, utensils, towels, etc.)
Mask and Call Ahead
- Call ahead before visiting a health care provider
- Wear a face mask around others (sharing a room or vehicle)
- This will protect others from getting infected
Monitor for Symptoms
- If your illness worsens, seek medical care, but call ahead first
- Tell the health care provider about your symptoms
Cover and Clean
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Clean “high touch” surfaces daily
For More Information
Call the COVID-19 call center at 1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253 if in NJ but using a non-NJ cell-phone.